Is the Never Alone Foundation a registered charity?
Yes. Never Alone Foundation is a nationally registered charity.
Registration number #81050 8473 RR0001
Where can I buy the Never Alone Necklace?
100% of net proceeds go to the Never Alone Foundation
When and who started this Foundation?
In 2004, Winnipeg Blue Bomber Alumnus and former CFL Executive Lyle Bauer started Never Alone Foundation after being diagnosed with throat cancer. Over $1,000,000 has been donated to date.
Does the board receive compensation?
No, the board at Never Alone Foundation is a 100% volunteer based.
What is your mission statement?
We are committed to improving the lives of people affected by cancer.
How do you fulfill your mission?
- Funds have been donated towards cancer research, revitalizing the rooms of palliative care units and an adult oncology unit.
- We support a camp for children with cancer that has facilities across Canada.
- We provide funding for a puppet program in Manitoba that helps children understand the importance of caring for and offering support to one another.
- We provide direct support to individuals and families by offering:
- Gift cards to help with expenses such as meals, gas, and healthcare related items
- A gift of support such as a hoodie, necklace or blanket may be given to an individual and peer support if requested.
- Respite from the stress of dealing with cancer through tickets to an event, a overnight or weekend vacation or day at a spa.
How can I get support for someone I care about?
Contact us here and tell us what kind of assistance you think the individual or family needs. We will then contact you to get a bit more information.
How can I help?
There are so many ways you can help our Foundation make a difference to those affected by cancer.
- Host your own event in support of the Foundation. We will help guide you and support you, but the event itself and all the planning is up to you.
- Make a direct donation. Visit the Donate Page today.
- Attend one of our events. Take a look at one of our upcoming events under the Events Tab.
- Gift a prize for an event. Contact us by phone or email and we will happily discuss our needs.